Amidst major policy reforms, industry luminaries and a focus group of everyday people are optimistic that technology can substantially reduce costs and improve patient care.Westford, MA, — Trender Research™ Inc.
), a market research and consulting firm that combines expert analysis with the voice of everyday people, announced a new Trender Thought Leaders report for the healthcare industry. The report, entitled “Impact! When Healthcare and Technology Collide”, analyzes major healthcare trends and specifically how technology is spurring a major transformation in the way healthcare organizations are managed and patient care is delivered. The report is invaluable for policy-makers, healthcare professionals, researchers, technology vendors, and investors trying to understand the challenges and opportunities in healthcare.
The 42-page report reflects the macro trends of the healthcare industry through the eyes of thought leaders deeply involved in the field. It also includes the input of a Trender Panel of diverse Americans (and one Canadian) whose perspectives keep the report’s analysis grounded in the lives of average citizens. Among the major conclusions is that the industry is undergoing a sharp disruption spurred by soaring costs, government funding and policy making, as well as advancements in technology including information automation, new medical devices, and the increasing role of digital communications.
“The adoption of new technologies in health care is at a turning point in America,” said Trender Research Senior Analyst Joyce Pellino Crane. “But the political, financial and social issues are so complex and intertwined that this teetering transformation is still struggling to hit its stride. The stakes are very high as all parties are looking to technology as a means to corral soaring costs and improve the quality of care.”
In addition to citing industry data and interviewing the thought leaders and the Trender Panel focus group, “Impact! When Healthcare and Technology Collide” provides expert analysis of current events and predicts the major trends. The healthcare thought leaders— some of the top minds and practitioners in healthcare— are all recognized experts in their fields who reflect the trends and best practices of their respective areas of expertise.Thought Leaders:
• Dr. Joseph C. Kvedar, Center for Connected Health
• David Hansen, United Healthcare
• Jeffery Gruen, PRTM Management Consultants
• Bruno Nardone, IBM
• Jason Hwang, M.D., Innosight Institute
• Debbi Brooks, Health Care Service Corporation
• John Goodrow, Lowell General Hospital
• Stuart Altman, Brandeis University
• Maggie Mahar, The Century FoundationSome of the major trends analyzed in this report include:
• The emergence of the Connected Health (telehealth) movement
• A push by the federal government to establish the Electronic Health Record by 2015
• The proliferation of portable medical devices for monitoring conditions
• The advancement of digital technology for remote visits with the doctor
• Soaring costs for medical care and the cost of health insurance
• The unique challenges of rural medicine
• Polarized stakeholders fighting for or resisting industry change
• An outdated payment structure that contributes to skyrocketing costs
• A movement to establish new standards for identifying patients and their diagnoses
The cost of “Impact! When Healthcare and Technology Collide” is $1,499 for a department license and $2,499 for an enterprise license. For a report synopsis or ordering information, contact Kirsten Mahony, Director of Client Services: email@example.com, 978-302-1169. For media inquiries, contact Brian Mahony, firstname.lastname@example.org, 508-479-7254.